New at JEC World: the Education Hub
The Education Hub targets the younger composite generation and anyone who wants to discover new professional opportunities in the industry. It includes a Job Center, JEC World’s Schools and Universities partners and explore the new Students Program developed especially for the trade show. It also showcases the technical posters of the Composites Challenge program.
Demand for young, well-trained and committed engineers is high among composite-material manufacturers. To meet this demand, JEC World is teaming up with MAI Carbon and Institut de Soudure to offer a brand-new Students Program that keeps abreast of needs in the composite industry.
The Students Program targets students who want to supplement their course studies by learning more about fiber-reinforced composites. The two-part program includes workshops with a focus on theoretical foundations and a guided tour through the JEC World trade show.
The main purpose of the workshops will be to give the Students an overview of the field of composites.
THE TWO WORKSHOPS WILL BE PRESENTED:
In English by MAI Carbon everyday of the show from 10am to 11am at the Education Hub.
Head of International Affairs, Controlling & Development
Deputy Managing Director, Carbon Composites e.V
OVERVIEW OF THE FIELD OF COMPOSITES
- Use of composites in the industry
- Advantages and disadvantages of FRP (including glass)
- Specific features of anisotropic materials, with a focus on fiber-reinforced materials
- Overview of carbon-fiber production
- Overview of production processes for CFRP parts
- Overview of recycling methods
- Evolution of production prices over recent years
In French by Institut de Soudure everyday of the show from 2pm to 3pm at the Education Hub.
Aeronautics & Composites Director
AN OVERVIEW OF COMPOSITE MATERIALS – INTRODUCTION, APPLICATIONS AND JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- What is a composite material?
- Why using composite materials?
- How to produce composite material components?
- Some applications:
- in aeronautics
- in automotive
- in wind energy
- in marine
- Focus on a job opportunity : Non Destructive Testing inspector in aeronautics
Composites Challenge: Technical Poster sessions
Posters explaining the research of the 10 finalists of the Composites Challenge will be installed on the Education Hub and 3 posters’ sessions will be organised on 3-4-5 March to allow more discussions between industrials and PhDs finalists.
- Tuesday 3rd, March: 4.30pm
- Wednesday 4th, March: 3pm
- Thursday 5th, March : 11.30am
If you are interested in the Composites Challenge ?
The Job Center is an online platform offered to all JEC World exhibitors looking for talents and to job seekers looking for new job opportunities in the composites industry.
- JEC World exhibitors: Any exhibitor can post a job offer here, free of charge. Login and enter your job offer directly on the system. Job applicants will contact you on the email address provided.
- Job Applicants: If you are looking for new career opportunities, upload your resume on the online JEC World Job Center. Companies will contact you directly on the email address provided