FRONT LOWER FAIRING OF A TRAIN
Genesis of your product. why and for whom?
New manufactuirng process for glass fiber composites.
- Automatic prepregs manufacturing with UV resin and (ii)
- Compaction and curing
Benefits for the final customers?
GFRP composites are suitable for various applications thanks to their mechanical properties and lightness. Currently, many manufacturing processes are manual with no high quality and reliability. Industrial applicactions need flexible, efficient and simple automated manufacturing processes.
The product : materials and processes
- Materials: Glass fiber mat. UV curing resin.
- Process: New automated manufacturing process based on UV curing prepregs.
- Precise control of fiber content
- Drastic decrease of production time (from 12h to 135 minutes).
- Better mechanical properties than the parts made by hand.
- 20% cost savings.
- Very low enviromental impact (absence of styrene and energy efficient).