New-Generation Cobradive fins
Genesis of your product. why and for whom?
The first generation of Cobradive fins gave satisfaction to users but some limitations were noticed:
- Reduced efficiency at depths greater than 40m
- Fins' tip slightly over-weighted
The increasing range of reinforcements available enabled redesigning the fins to improve thei
Benefits for the final customers?
- Positive and immediate environmental impact, significantly improving life cycle assessments.
- High performance : reactivity, power transfer, efficient both at the surface and at significant depths.
- Aesthetics as bamboo is visible in a different pattern (UD).
The product : materials and processes
- Fabric : Bamboo Bu170
- Pattern: unidirectional bamboo fabric
- Fibre: 5mm wide ribbon ; 0,3mm thick
- Density: 170g/m2; per ply
- Link: 1 side polyamide web 10 to 20g/m2
- Matrix: Biobased epoxy
- Process: RTM