Partner(s) : BLADE Solutions AB, Sweden
- Turbines Downtime Reduction : 25% reduction , up to 50%
- Operational costs benefits : Increased productivity thanks to reduced downtime
- Positive impact on climate change: limited downtime compensation by other energy
- Fast Curing at subzero temperatures: curing possible down to -20°C
- No water sensitivity: curing possible even under salt water immersion
A structural adhesive designed for repair of composite wind blades in extreme conditions, able to cure at -20°C , enabling reduction of downtime for improved productivity and CO2 emissions savings.
Approved for specialized bonding on wind turbine blades, ARALDITE® 2050 adhesive is a unique acrylic-type adhesive developed for composites bonding in extreme conditions for the Wind (and Marine) market.
Thanks to its innovative catalyst package the adhesive can cure fast, developing high bond strength curing at temperatures down to -20°C as well as in wet environment or even under salt water.
It can bond dissimilar substrates virtually without surface preparation and joints will display outstanding weathering resistance making it suitable for very stringent service conditions.
The result is a tough and durable assembly which can resist moisture and has a service temperature from -40°C to 120°C.